A theosophical group formed in Akron, Ohio, in the 1920’s with a Christian emphasis. The group’s name is derived from the theosophical concept of God as the Great Central Sun. A prominent member called Joseph S. Benner, who died in 1941, provided much of the inspiration motivating the group. After joining the group, members were asked to serve in the cause of brotherhood by entering into the silence each day at noon. During these silent moments each would see himself or herself as a center of Love’s Light and Power and would pour that Love out upon the world. The Center was dissolved in the 1930’s.
© Copyright by the Theosophical Publishing House, Manila